- 3 cups water
- 2 cups pearl couscous
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1 large shallot, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 preserved lemon, rinsed and seeds removed, finely chopped
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan, then add couscous and salt. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cover and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain off any excess water if necessary.
- Place cooked couscous in a large bowl and immediately add garlic, stirring well to combine. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add lemon juice, olive oil, and black pepper to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add tomatoes, celery, artichoke hearts, capers, shallot, and preserved lemon to couscous and toss to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over the couscous and stir to combine.