This vegan Spicy Udon Noodle Soup comes together in minutes, and makes a perfect quick and easy dinner. Coconut broth, chopped tomatoes, and hot chili oil form a spicy, sour, and creamy elixir that is a flavorful backdrop for tofu, vegetables, and chewy udon noodles.
- 4 cups Ocean’s Halo Thai Coconut Broth
- 26 oz box Pomi Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Lahtt Sauce Hot All-Purpose Chili Oil, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 10 oz firm tofu, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 servings udon noodles, prepared according to package directions (see note)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- In a medium pot, combine broth, chopped tomatoes, and chili oil and stir to combine. Over high heat, bring to a boil then lower heat to simmer.
- Add tofu and onion and simmer until softened, about five minutes.
- Divide prepared udon noodles among four bowls and top with hot soup.
- Top with cilantro and more chili oil if desired.
If possible, use frozen udon noodles. They can generally be found in Asian markets and have so much more body and texture than dried udon.