The roasting process elevates cabbage to new heights by bringing out the vegetable’s sweetness and creating a delightful melt-in-your-mouth texture punctuated by crispy edges. Finished here with a lemon tahini dressing, the cabbage would be a perfect canvas for any variety of sauces or dressings.
- 1 medium red cabbage
- ¼ cup plus 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Divide cabbage in half lengthwise, then slice each half into 4 equal wedges, leaving core intact to hold wedges together.
- Drizzle cabbage wedges with 3 Tbsp of the olive oil and rub to coat both sides.
- Place cabbage on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until crispy, about 15 minutes. Flip cabbage and continue cooking to crisp the other side, about another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice and tahini until well combined and creamy. Slowly drizzle in the remaining ¼ cup olive oil, whisking constantly until dressing is smooth and emulsified. Add salt and stir to incorporate.
- To serve, sprinkle the cabbage wedges with parsley and drizzle dressing on top.