This Vegan Mexican Street Corn Salad is a perfect summer dish that takes full advantage of fresh corn on the cob. Inspired by the traditional Mexican dishes elote and esquites, this raw vegan version is lightened up while still packing a flavorful punch. A silky cashew butter sauce spiked with lime juice, chili powder, and smoked paprika is a perfect counterpoint to sweet, crisp kernels of corn.
- 1/4 cup raw cashew butter
- 2 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 2 jalapeño peppers, finely diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 oz vegan feta cheese, crumbled
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine cashew butter, lime juice, water, garlic, and seasonings, and whisk until well combined and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine corn with jalapeño peppers and green onion. Add cashew sauce and mix well until sauce is well distributed and vegetables are coated.
- Add cilantro and gently toss to combine. Top with vegan feta crumbles and pepper, if desired, and serve.
Keywords: raw, vegan, salad