How We Collect Information About You
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address, as described above. This information is all voluntarily submitted by you at the time the information is collected. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
How Your Information May Be Used
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To market products through display or affiliate advertisements;
- To market to you on third-party platforms, such as Facebook;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website; or,
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-Party Use Of Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
The companies listed below are “Service Providers,” which are defined as “a sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, association, or other legal entity that is organized or operated for the profit or financial benefit of its shareholders or other owners, that process information on behalf of a business and to which the business discloses a consumer’s personal information for a business purpose pursuant to a written contract, provided that the contract prohibits the entity receiving the information from retaining, using or disclosing the personal information for any purposes other than for the specific purpose of performing the services specified in the contract for the business” or “retaining, using, or disclosing the personal information for a commercial purpose other than providing the services specified in the contract with the business.”
The Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- MailerLite – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications. MailerLite will also track information regarding your interaction with our emails, such as whether they have been opened or you have clicked on a particular link.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
This Website uses Google Analytics to analyze traffic to the Website. In order to track usage, Google Analytics places a cookie with a randomly generated Client ID on your browser. Google does use your personal information such as your IP address in order to capture reporting for the Website regarding usage. You may opt-out of Google Analytics through a Browser Add-on, which is available here.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly Visible Information
If you leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
To opt out of display advertising, visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org/.
Facebook: Opt-out of Facebook remarketing here
Google: Opt-out of Google remarketing here
Pinterest: Opt-out of Pinterest remarketing here
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Sprouts And Krauts is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Sensitive Personal Information
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at [email protected] and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
GDPR – Rights Related To Your Personal Information
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Throughout this policy, we have disclosed what information we collect and how it is used. Under GDPR, you also have the following rights:
Right to Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also contact us at the email below to be removed from our mailing list.
Right to Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request.
Right to Amend – You may contact us to amend or update your personal information.
Right to Be Forgotten – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data.
You may exercise any of these rights by emailing alana(at)sproutsandkrauts(dot)com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law. Unless you exercise such rights, we reserve the right to retain your data.
Nevada Privacy Of Information Collected On The Internet From Consumers Act
Pursuant to the Nevada Privacy of Information Collected on the Internet from Consumers Act (“NPICICA”), Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of any personal information. As described above, your personal information may be shared with third-party service providers/operators in order to fulfill purchased products or to communicate with you. We do not sell (which is defined in the NPICICA as “the exchange of covered information for monetary consideration by the operator to a person for the person to license or sell the covered information to additional persons”) your covered information, which includes:
- Your first and last name;
- Your address;
- Your email address;
- Your phone number;
- Your social security number;
- Any identifier that would allow you to be contacted either physically or online; or,
- Any other information concerning you, collected from you by the Website and maintained by us, in combination with an identifier in a form that makes the information personally identifiable.
If you have any questions regarding our usage of your personal information, please email alana(at)sproutsandkrauts(dot)com.
Last updated: July 2020