This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This flavorful Garbanzo Broccolini Stir Fry requires only 9 ingredients and comes together in just 20 minutes. Naturally vegan, gluten-free, and packed with protein, this makes a perfect quick meal for a busy weeknight!
The beauty of a stir fry is that with just a few healthy ingredients and some simple flavorings, you can have a meal ready in minutes. Plus, with the exception of the broccolini, chances are you already have most of these ingredients in your pantry.
- Olive Oil
- Garbanzo Beans – I always use Eden Organic because there’s no added salt and their cans are BPA-free
- Broccolini – I love broccolini because of their tender stems and delicate flavor, but if you can’t find any, then broccoli makes a perfect substitute
- Coconut Aminos – A salty, savory sauce that contains only a third of the sodium as soy sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Toasted Sesame Oil – Use as a finishing oil at the end of cooking to add a deep, nutty flavor to the meal
- Green Onions
- Red Pepper Flakes
What’s The Difference Between Broccoli and Broccolini?
Although broccoli and broccolini look very similar, there are some key differences to keep in mind. Broccolini is actually a hybrid between broccoli and Chinese broccoli. Compared to broccoli, broccolini is smaller, as well as more tender and delicate. The smaller florets and thinner stalks make it well-suited to the quick cooking time in this recipe. Plus, broccolini has a pleasantly sweet taste and is less bitter than broccoli. However, if you don’t have broccolini available, then broccoli will certainly make a great substitute.
It couldn’t be simpler to make this stir fry! Start with a large skillet or wok. I find that my Staub Perfect Pan is just the right size and shape for this recipe. Plus, ingredients don’t stick to the enameled cast-iron surface.
First, heat a bit of olive oil in your pan, then add the garbanzo beans and cook for about 5 minutes. The beans will start to get slightly crispy and will develop a bit of color. Next, add the broccolini, coconut aminos, and lemon juice, and stir often while cooking. After a few minutes, the broccolini will start to develop a bright green color. Next, add the garlic and cook for another minute, until the garlic softens and becomes fragrant. Finally, drizzle with some sesame oil, then top with some red pepper flakes and thinly sliced green onions as garnish.
For convenience and time savings, I like to use canned garbanzo beans for this recipe. Just be sure that the can is BPA-free. Also, if possible, get beans with no added salt. Either way, be sure to rinse and drain the beans well before using.
To turn this stir fry into a more filling meal, serve on top of brown rice, quinoa, or another grain of your choosing.
Refrigerate leftovers in a closed storage container and use within 3 to 5 days.
More Quick And Easy Recipes
Hungry For More?
Follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for all my latest updates!
If you liked this recipe, be sure to let me know by leaving a comment and rating below!Print
Garbanzo Broccolini Stir Fry
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
This vegan Garbanzo Broccolini Stir Fry is high in protein and packed with flavor. Coming together in only 20 minutes, this makes a perfect quick meal for a busy weeknight!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 15-oz cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb broccolini, cut into bite-sized florets
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet or wok. Add garbanzo beans and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add broccolini, coconut aminos, and lemon juice. Stir well to combine and continue cooking until broccolini begins to turn bright green, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir to combine. Cook until garlic is fragrant and softened, about 1 minute.
- Drizzle with sesame oil, then remove from heat. Divide between 4 bowls and garnish with green onion and red pepper flakes.
Keywords: vegan, gluten-free, stir fry, garbanzo beans